Scaloppine di Pollo al Vino Bianco con Limone
1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour (for coating)
1/4 cup Bread Crumbs (for coating)
2 Eggs (for coating)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp dried Basil
4 Chicken Breasts, skinless, boneless, butterfly cut and pounded down to under 1/4″ thick
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Butter
3 clove Garlic, thinly sliced vertically
1/2 cup Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio or other white wine
1/4 cup Chicken Broth
1 tsp Corn Starch
Juice of 2 Lemons
1 Lemon, thinly sliced horizontally
2 Tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped fine
- Set up a dredging station using three pie pans. In one pan put the Flour, in the next the Eggs (beaten with a little water), in the next the Bread Crumbs and dried Herbs.
- Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper on both sides
- Dredge the chicken in the Flour, then the Eggs, then the Bread Crumbs and set to the side
- In a large skillet, brown each piece of chicken on both sides in the Olive Oil. When each piece is browned, remove from the skillet and place on a cookie sheet in the oven on the lowest setting, just to keep it warm.
- Remove the Oil, and wipe it clean.
- Heat the Butter on-low medium heat
- In a small bowl combine Broth and Corn Starch, whipping until there are no lumps.
- Add the Garlic, Wine, Broth, Lemon Juice, and Lemon Slices to the pan.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly so to not burn about 5 mins.
- Place the Chicken on Serving platter and cover with the Lemon Slices and Wine Sauce and garnish with the ParsleyServe with buttered Linguini