A gift from a good friend, Jan Sawitoski
(Don’t let the Johnsonville ingredient scare you away. Substitute if you wish,
but the original recipe is known to be a “die for” piece.)
1(12 oz jar Vigo Flame Roasted Peppers, coarsely chopped
2 large tomatoes coarsely chopped
6 cloves garlic finely chopped
¾ cup pitted kalamata olives coarsely chopped
2 tbs Italian parsley coarsely chopped
3 (4 oz ) frozen Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links thawed
2 tbs Pompeian Grapeseeed oil
16 oz ziti pasta
1(12 oz) jar Vigo Marinated Artichoke Hears, drained
¾ c Classico Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
¾ c. heavy cream(whipping)
½ tsp pepper
¼ cup DiDiorno Shredded Three Cheese Blend
• Bring water to boil for past.
• Chop peppers, tomatoes(2 cups), and garlic
• Chop olives; set aside. Chop parsley; set aside
• Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half lengthwise(butterfly)
• Turn sausage over and peel casing away.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5-6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, or until no pink remains.
2. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
3. Stir into sausage; garlic, peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, and pesto cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream and olives; cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce reduces and thicken slightly.
5. Stir parsley and pepper into sausage mixture. Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle with cheese; serve(makes 8 servings).
Sun dried tomato bread
Pompeian Seed Oil (coat pan)
1 can French bread dough(11-13 oz)
2 tbs. DiGiorno Shredded Three cheese blend.
2 tbs Classico Sun Dried tomato pesto
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheet lightly with oil, Unroll dough on work surface and coat with pesto, up to one inch of edge.
Sprinkle the 1 tbs of cheese, roll lengthwise. Place on making sheet, sean side down, sprinkle with remaining 1 tbs cheese. Bake 18-20 Minutes or until golden brown! Serve warm.